Copyright ©Astapov et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Received 10 March, 2021 |
Accepted in revised form 17 May, 2021 |
Published 28 June, 2021
Strategizing: Theory and Practice, 2021, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 28-41
A digital transformation strategy enables companies to build competitive advantages by improving interaction with their consumers and suppliers, and entering new markets. However, the creation of own trading platform by regional companies is not always economically effective. In this regard, it is important to establish digital platforms at the regional level with support from the region, in which several companies would participate. Such platforms will be able to compete more successfully not only with corporate platforms of large companies, but also with such platforms as Amazon and AliExpress. The strategic initiative for the development of regional digital platforms is primarily aimed at innovative companies, which promote their products to end users (BtC). However, regional platforms can serve different markets and different industries, including promotion of industrial products (BtB) produced in the regional industrial clusters of Kuzbass, as well as in other areas, for example, for monitoring indicators of environment pollution. The article discusses in detail the regional investment and financial platform, which is could be developed on the basis of the Kuzbass Investment Portal. Another promising digital platform is a digital system that allows to coordinate strategies at various levels – from federal, regional and industry, to local and private companies. A serious challenge in implementing strategic initiatives to establish regional platforms is the growing competition from foreign platforms. The author proposes to reduce the risks by introducing target restrictions on the operations of foreign platforms, as well as introducing a balanced level of data provision by platform participants.
, digital platforms
, regional economics
, investment projects
, industrial clusters
- Alimuradov MK, Astapov KL, Venger KG, Khabekova MK. The role of financial institutions in maintaining the realization of strategic priorities of Kuzbass. Russian Journal of Industrial Economics. 2020;13(3):399-408. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2072-1633-2020-3-399-408
- Andryushin SA. Cryptocurrencies: Issue, circulation and problems of regulation. Actual Problems of Economics and Law. 2020;14(3):455–468. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21202/1993-047X.14.2020.3.455-468.
- Astapov KL, Liu Yu. Implementation of platforms’ strategy by financial companies in China and Russia. Administrative Consulting. 2020;(8):112–122. https://doi.org/10.22394/1726-1139-2020-8-112-122.
- Castells M. The information age: Economy, society and culture. Blackwell Publishers; 1996. 625 p.
- Grant RM. Contemporary strategy analysis: Text and cases edition. John Wiley & Sons; 2016. 776 p.
- Hagiu A, Altman E. Finding the platform in your product four strategies that can reveal hidden value. Harvard Business Review. 2017;95(4):94–100.
- Khvorostyanaya AS. Strategic role of the technology transfer centers in the development of creative industries of the economy. Creative Economy. 2020;14(7):1221–1238. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.18334/ce.14.7.110546.
- Khvorostyanaya AS, Egorova AI, Maslov AA, Kolupaeva AV. The Kuzbass region strategic branding digitalization. Russian Journal of Industrial Economics. 2020;13(3):409–416. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2072-1633-2020-3-409-416.
- Kvint VL. The concept of strategizing. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2020. 170 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2562-7.
- Kvint VL. Strategic economic influence of a global negative trend of terrorism and extremism. Administrative Consulting. 2016;90(6):14–25. (In Russ.)
- Kvint VL, Alimuradov MK, Astapov KL, Alekseev GF, Bagaev DV, Boksgorn AA, et al. Strategirovanie ehkonomicheskogo i investitsionnogo razvitiya Kuzbassa [Strategic economic and investment development of Kuzbass]. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2021. 349 p. (In Russ.)
- Michel S, Duke L. Real impact marketing. IMD Books; 2019. 140 p.
- Musaev RA, Astapov KL, Pankratov AA. Rolʹ klasternoi politiki v modernizatsii rossiiskoi ekonomiki. Problems of management theory and practice. 2020;(10):101–119. https://doi.org/10.46486/0234-4505-2020-10-101-119
- Novikova IV, Boiko KV, Dudovtseva IuV, Ovchinnikov VA. Strategic priorities of maintaining decent life in Kuzbass. Russian Journal of Industrial Economics. 2020;13(3):308–317. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.17073/2072-1633-2020-3-308-317.
- Parker GG, Van Alstyne MW, Choudary SP. Platform revolution: How networked markets are transforming the economy – and how to make them work for you. W. W. Norton & Company; 2016. 352 p.
- Porter M. The five competitive forces that shape strategy. Harvard Business Review. 2008;86(1):78–93.
How to quote?
Astapov Kirill L. Kuzbass Economy: Regional Digital Platforms as a Modernization Strategy. Strategizing: Theory and Practice, 2021, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 28-41
2782-2435 (Print) /