a Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Copyright ©Khvorostyanaya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Received 20 September, 2022 |
Accepted in revised form 26 September, 2022 |
Published 03 November, 2022
The current state policy of the Russian Federation supports the development of physical culture and sports, in particular hockey, to solve a complex of social and political problems. Sport as a sphere and industry is changing rapidly due to various external challenges. Consequently, strategic management has to adapt to these changes and challenges. The current situation demands a clear strategic plan, not universal business models or outdated strategic methods. Sport is a business that requires complex management and a strategy. A sports team owes its success not only to its athletes but also to the proper strategic decisions. Unfortunately, the methodology of developing strategies for sports industry received little scientific attention. The present research objective was to identify effective strategies in the sports industry. This paper clarifies and systematizes many concepts and approaches to the strategy development that have been adapted for sports organizations with all their specifics. The authors propose a new scheme for sports industry strategy and a number of recommendations on the strategy development in the sports industry that can be recommended for practical application. The study relied on the general theory and methodology of strategizing developed by V.L. Kvint, Foreign Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Dr.Sc.(Econ.), at the Center for Strategic Studies of the Institute for Mathematical Research of Complex Systems, the Central Economics and Mathematics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Department of Economic and Financial Strategy of the Moscow School of Economics of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, the Department of Regional and Sectoral Development Strategy of the Kemerovo State University, and the Department of Industrial Strategy of National University of Science and Technology “MISIS”.
, strategic priority
- Aleksunin VA, Baskakov VA. Marketing approach to the sports industry management. RGGU Bulletin. Series: Economics. Management. Law. 2016;5(3):92–101. (In Russ.)
- Antushevich EV, Karchevskaya EN. The development of marketing strategy of the sports organization. Bulletin Sukhoi State Technical University of Gomel. 2016;66(3):80–86. (In Russ.)
- Bardina MYu. Sports management, sports manager. Physical Culture. Sport. Tourism. Motor Recreation. 2018;3(4):36–39. (In Russ.)
- Gremina LA, Lipskaya PM, Moskalenko VS. Business planning of the organization of the sports industry. Vysokie tekhnologii i innovatsii v nauke: sbornik izbrannykh statey Mezhdunarodnoy nauchnoy konferentsii [High technologies and innovations in science: Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference]; 2022; St. Petersburg. St. Petersburg: GNII NATSRAZVITIE; 2022. p. 200–204. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.37539/VT197.2022.71.43.017
- Zhabakov VE. Menedzhment sportivnoy industrii [Sports industry management]. Chelyabinsk: South Ural State Humanitarian Pedagogical University Press; 2018. 198 p. (In Russ.)
- Ivanov AA. Marketing strategy as a factor of competitive advantage sports organizations. Practical Marketing. 2013;191(1):17–22. (In Russ.)
- Kvint VL. Global emerging market: Strategic management and economics. Moscow: Biznes Atlas; 2012. 626 p. (In Russ.)
- Lednev VA. The sports industry: education in entrepreneurship and management. Journal of Modern Competition. 2017;11(4):45–62. (In Russ.)
- Rudakova OYu, Koshman LA. Development of an innovative strategy for a sports organization. Economics. Profession. Business. 2019;(1):39–47. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.14258/201905
- Filippov SS. Menedzhment fizicheskoy kulʹtury i sporta [Management of physical culture and sports]. Moscow: Yurayt; 2018. 234 p. (In Russ.)
- Dudfield O. Strengthening sport for development and peace. National policies and strategies. The Commonwealth Secretariat; 2014. 94 p.
- Brown MT, Rascher DA, Nagel MS, McEvoy CD. Financial management in the sport industry. New York: Routledge; 2021. 689 p. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780429316746
- Greenwell C, Thorn D. Developing a strategic sport marketing plan. In: Parkhouse B, Turner B, Miloch K, editors. Marketing for sport business success. Iowa: Kendall Hunt Publishing; 2012. pp. 29–51.
- Ilić R. Strategic planning at sports organizations. Journal of Process Management – New Technologies, International. 2013;1(4):113–121.
- Petkovic J, Jasinskas E, Jesevičiūtė-Ufartienė L. Significance of strategic planning for results of sport organization. E a M: Ekonomie a Management. 2016;19(4):56–72.
- Pijetlovic K. The sporting industry. In: Pijetlovic K, editor. EU sports law and breakaway leagues in football. T.M.C. Asser Press The Hague; 2015. pp. 31–45. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-6265-048-0_2
- Walzel S. Strategic management of team sports organisations. In: Walzel S, Römisch V, editors. Managing sports teams: Economics, strategy and practice. Cham: Springer; 2020. pp. 89–105. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-56495-7_5
How to quote?
Khvorostyanaya AS, Ravilov RKh. Strategizing Sports Industry Enterprises. Strategizing: Theory and Practice. 2022;2(3):405–420. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/2782-2435-2022-2-3-405-420