a Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Copyright ©Kvint et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Received 24 September, 2021 |
Accepted in revised form 18 October, 2021 |
Published 01 December, 2021
Over its 300-year history, the Kuzbass Region has become one of the strongest industrial and coal mining areas. However, new environmental requirements stipulated by the Paris Agreement and the EU Energy Strategy require a new diversified and innovative economy, i.e. comfortable conditions for people to live and do business. The Strategy for Socio-Economic Development of Kuzbass through 2035 was approved by Regional Law No. 163‑OS on December 23, 2020. The Strategy covers human capital, ecology, reclamation water resources, digitalization, economy, investment, tourism, exhibitions, etc. All these aspects are highlighted in the monographs of the Strategy of the Kuzbass Region. The publications prove that a long-term strategy should combine traditional and novel competitive advantages of the region, which include hydrogen cluster, transport infrastructure, digitalization of business and other spheres, better environmental conditions, forest and land reclamation, sustainable use of water resources, as well as the importance of rebranding the region on the domestic and international arena.
regional development strategy
, regional strategizing
, competitive advantages
, hydrogen energy
, water resources
- Kvint VL. The concept of strategizing. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2020. 170 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2562-7.
- Kvint VL. Global emerging market: Strategic management and economics. Moscow: Biznes atlas; 2012. 627 p. (In Russ.)
- Kvint VL, Alimuradov MK, Zadorozhnaya GV, Astapov KL, Alabina TA, Bakhtizin AR, et al. A conceptual future for the Kuzbass region: strategic outlines of developmental priorities through 2071, a 50-year perspective. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2022. 283 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2812-3.
- Novikova IV. The concept of employment strategy for the digital economy. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2020. 254 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2609-9.
- Kvint VL, Fetisov VA. Osnovy strategii ehkologicheskogo razvitiya Rossii [Fundamentals of Russia's Environmental Development Strategy]. Moscow: Izdatelʹstvo Moskovskogo universiteta; 2021. 77 p. (In Russ.)
- Sasaev NI, Alabina TA, Brel OA, Voronin VL, Gavrilina DN, Zaitseva AI, et al. Strategizing of Kuzbass region water resources. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2021. 388 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2725-6.
- Chkhotua IZ, Khvorostyanaya AS, Sadovnichaya AV, Pyatovsky AA, Yumatov KV, Shevchuk AV, et al. Strategizing of the tourism and trade show industries in Kuzbass region. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2021. 371 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2718-8.
- Kvint VL, Vlasyuk LI, Evdokimov DS, Azarov YuYu, Alabina TA, Aleshkovsky IA, et al. Strategizing of the digital Kuzbass region. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2021. 434 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2796-6.
- Novikova IV, Abrosova OE, Boyko KV, Boksgorn AA, Bochantsev AS, Busygin SYu, et al. Strategizing of Kuzbass human capacity. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2020. 453 p. (In Russ.)
- Kvint VL, Zadorozhnaya GV, Dudovtseva YuV, Shevchuk AV, Alekseev GF, Alimuradov MK, et al. Strategizing of Kuzbass region ecological development. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2021. 416 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2797-3.
- Kvint VL, Alimuradov MK, Astapov KL, Alekseev GF, Bagaev DV, Boksgorn AA, et al. Strategizing of Kuzbass region economic and investing development. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University; 2021. 364 p. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/978-5-8353-2724-9.
- Phelps E. Mass flourishing: How grassroots innovation created jobs, challenge, and change. Journal of Economic Sociology. 2015;16(1):22–37. (In Russ.)
- Tsivilev SE. Managing of the Kuzbass region strategy implementation for the period up to the year 2035. Economic Revival of Russia. 2021;68(2):5–19. (In Russ.)
- Shumpeter YA. Teoriya ehkonomicheskogo razvitiya. Kapitalizm, sotsializm i demokratiya [Theory of economic development. Capitalism, Socialism, and Democracy]. Moscow: Ehksmo; 2008. 864 p. (In Russ.)
- Castells M. The information age: Economy, society and culture. Blackwell Publishers; 1996. 625 p.
- Drucker PF. The effective executive. New York: Harper and Row; 1967. 178 p.
- Gilbert X, Davidson R, Buechel B. Smarter execution: Seven steps to getting results. Prentice Hall; 2008. 173 p.
- Kvint VL. Strategy for the global market: Theory and practical applications. New York: Routledge; 2016. 519 p.
- Porter M. The five competitive forces that shape strategy. Harvard Business Review. 2008;86(1):79–93
- Toffler A. Future shock. Random House; 1970. 561 p.
- Venables AJ, Fujita M, Krugman PR. The spatial economy: Cities, regions, and international trade. Cambridge: MIT Press; 1999. 384 p.
How to quote?
Kvint VL, Astapov KL. Kuzbass Strategy over 50-year Planning Horizon: Publications on Strategy of the Kuzbass
Region. Strategizing: Theory and Practice. 2021;1(2):123–135. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.21603/2782-2435-2021-1-2-123-135